These are our rules on race entries. We do try and be as helpful and fair as we possibly can, however as these are small events that have considerable costs, we are unable to offer deferrals or refunds.
1. If you are ill or cant make an event because of work commitments, You are more than welcome to transfer your place to another runner. If an event is full, we will even try and put you in touch with other runners. We do ask that this is done one week before an event.
As of the 1st September 2017, when you check out via Bookitbe and Live it Ticketing, you will be given the chance to purchase event insurance when you checkout so that if you can’t make the race you can claim your money back from them.
2. If an event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, we will gladly offer you a free transfer to the new race date. As of the 1st September 2017, if you check out via Bookitbee & Live it ticketing a small portion of your fee goes towards cancellation insurance meaning that in the event we have to cancel an event you would get 100% of your money back from them.
3. You must be 17 on race day to run a half marathon or 18 on race day to run a full marathon.
4.We have made the decision to go cupless from the 1st August 2018.
What does this mean for our aid stations? Not a lot is going to change – there’ll still be the usual Water, squash and coke but you will have to bring your own cup – simples!!
Save the planet one little bit at a time! We will still continue to recycle all the other plastic and cardboard that we use at the race too.
We will have some of these available for the races in August or you can get one direct from our sponsor The Ultra Marathon Running Store. They squish flat and fit in the smallest of pockets.
The only exception to the above is when tea and coffee is available and they will still be served in the usual way 😉
5. Our races are held under permit of ARC (Association of Running Clubs), and you agree to abide by their rules.
6. You may run with a dog at our events (maximum of 4 dogs per event), as long as it is well behaved and you have 3rd party liability insurance for the dog and can forward a copy to us. The dog must be on a lead at all times. There may be times when dogs are not allowed on some of our courses due to farming etc, but we will try and make this clear if this is the case.
7. Links to results and our free photos will always be published on our facebook page as soon as possible after an event.
8. We will endeavor to recycle all the plastic waste that we generate at races.
Timing cut offs
As a rule of thumb, all our races have a 6 hour cutoff, if its a trail run, its 7 hours (and we do have half way cut offs at some trails so always best to check). If people are going to take over those times, we allow them to start an hour early so effectively 7 and 8 hours. Obviously every race is different so always best to check. Snickerathon for example is 6 with the option of early start.You are always allowed to drop down distances at all of the races and still receive a time. In 16 years we have only ever had to DNF one person for time so please don’t overly threat. If you need time, just let us know and we can always come up with something.